Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Billboard Hot 100 Review: February 15, 2020

Hey guys! Sorry about no post yesterday, I was caught up in a lot of shit. To make it up to you, I will be introducing this new weekly series which I call TOP TEN TUESDAY, where I take a look at the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and give random scattered thoughts, predictions, and hopes. Think of it as a beta version of Billboard BREAKDOWN, if you follow Mark Grondin's work.

Anyway! This week has been pretty un-noteworthy in the Top 10, with most of the songs staying stagnant in their positions. The only noteworthy thing I would mention is "Dance Monkey" by Tones and I surging up to #5. This song blew up overseas long before it crossed over into America, and it has taken a while to grow on me, but I can kind of see its appeal now? It's relentlessly catchy, at least. We'll see how it does in the coming weeks.

Predictions:

I think that "Dance Monkey" will continue to surge, probably comfortably at #3 next week. I also think "Don't Start Now" will make some ground with the monstrous streaming it has, I could see it at least hitting #6 if not breaking the Top 5. And if the world is truly just, "Blinding Lights" should surge into the Top 10 next week, with "10,000 Hours" being a likely candidate to lose out.

No comments:

Post a Comment