Friday, February 28, 2014

Flashback Friday: "All For Love" - Bryan Adams/Rod Stewart/Sting (1994)

Lighters up?


I don't know, what's an appropriate response to three awesome artists recording something mediocre? Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, and Sting have never sounded so phony, so distant from emotion... and one of those guys made this!

I'd like to talk smack about this song, but there's relly not much to talk about. It's just such a dull, lifeless tune... it's a charity single without the charity.

Of course, it just seems like a dreadfully boring song on the surface. What if we took a deeper look into "All for Love"? That is, look at the lyrics? Maybe there are some hidden gems to be found. Maybe there's a diamond in the rough terrain of boring ballad. Maybe I'm trying to beef up this review. Whatever the outcome, let's take a look.

When it's love you give 
I'll be a man of good faith. 
Then in love you live. 
I'll make a stand. I won't break.
I'll be the rock you can build on, 
be there when you're old,

to have and to hold. 

Zzzzzzzzz... sorry, what was I reviewing again? Oh yeah. *falls back asleep*

These have got to be some of the sappiest, cheesiest lyrics ever written, and one of those guys also wrote this! No, forget it. Forget it. I am not wasting any more energy on this. If a sellout track is what Rod Stewart and Sting wanted (Bryan Adams was pretty much already there at the time), then a sellout track is what they get. I hope you're happy, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment