Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Happy" - Pharrell Williams

I like Pharrell.


Everything he's been in, whether it be good or bad, he always seems to shine. Even in the atrocity that was "Blurred Lines", he delivered with his woos. But you know, I've been mulling it over, and I've discovered that I've never actually heard a Pharrell song where he's on his own.

Until now, with his song "Happy".


This is an interesting one, mostly because of the publicity stunt. What I'm talking about, in case you're wondering, is this:



All the videos together add up to a 24-hour video of people dancing to this song. Hey, it's at least interesting. I don't know how people have the time to watch even one video, though.

But I'm not here to critique publicity stunts. I'm here to critique songs. So does "Happy" make me feel happy? Well... uh...

It's okay.

I don't know, it's not that great of a song. It's pretty repetitive, and Pharrell doesn't seem to be singing up to par. He almost sounds restrained, actually.

But I can't find much more to hate about this song. I mean, I'd have to be a real grumpypuss to hate it. The title of the song is "Happy"! And in the right mood, I can find myself dancing to this. Anyway, it's better than the last two current songs I reviewed (although almost anything would have to be), but it's nothing special to me. If you're already happy, yeah, this song will maintain your mood. If you're not... you might just be better off listening to "Everybody Hurts" or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment