Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "No Flex Zone" - Ray Sremmurd

Okay, rap music. Now you're just pulling my leg.



I mean, this cannot possibly be an up-and-coming hit, can it? There's no way that this song is breaking and entering!

*sigh* But once I stop living in my fantasy world, I come to grips with this song and the apparent impact it's having on our youth of today. So, what's the theme of this song? What's the chorus?

No flex zone, no flex zone

They know better, they know better

Okay, so you're not allowed to "flex" where Rae Sremmurd are, in other words, no boasting or bragging. Do you think someone might have gotten their feelings hurt after someone else showed off their rapping skills, putting that first someone to shame? Seems to me like that's exactly what happened.

I mean, I've heard some bad rap songs, but this delivery is just weak. He sounds drunk off his ass, and he sounds like he's never rapped before in his life.

Won a gold medal
And a gold bezel
I treat it so special

Now your ho jealous

Okay, ignoring the fact that "jealous" is a bad rhyme... isn't this bragging? Aren't you breaking your own rule? It's like if God committed adultery or something. But of course, I guess that Rae Sremmurd aren't subject to the mere mortal's rules. For they are the gods of rap! Okay, I was sarcastic enough in my Wednesday post a few weeks ago, I don't need more here.

Just a bad, worthless song throughout. Even by today's standards, it's weak. I mean, I hated "Lifestyle", but as annoying as they were, they at least had a sense of delivery. This chorus is just amateurish garbage. Nothing to "flex" about, in other words.

Hot 100 Success:

Will they have it?

Eh, it's possible they'll have a little success, but really, I'd like to think that the public has more discriminating taste than this pile of junk.

Should they have it?

NO flex zone. NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment