Sunday, July 27, 2014

"Dirt" - Florida Georgia Line

Maybe I was a little rough on Florida Georgia Line.


The reason I say that is because I kind of like this new song they have. It's called "Dirt", and while that opens itself up to a lot of easy jokes, it's not your average filthy Florida Georgia Line song.

You get your hands in it, plant your roots in it
Dusty head lights dance with your boots in it

As far as I can tell, it's literally a song about dirt, and it's still the least filthy song this duo has. Imagine that!

It's... almost a love song to dirt, and all its wonderful incarnations, like

It's that elm shade red rust clay you grew up on

and

That plowed up ground that your dad damned his luck on

and


The mud on her jeans that she peeled off and hung up

Okay, so they're not making love to dirt. They're using dirt as a symbol for all the memories they have living the country life. All I can say is, it's a lot better than when they tried to compare a girl to a song that made them want to roll their windows down and cruise.

However, I'm still disappointed, because god dammit, I wanted to make fun of Florida Georgia Line again. But if they keep releasing songs like this... I'm gonna run out of material. And they're one of the last artists that I thought I would run out of material for. But no, here we are with "Dirt", a legitimately good, well-thought-out song by Florida Georgia Line. I'm as baffled as you are. Has the world turned upside down? Well, I'm not on the ceiling yet, but if notoriously bad artists keep releasing good songs, I might have to adjust to ceiling life. I'd better get some new furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment