Thursday, January 30, 2020

WOW, It's Been a While.

Hello, anyone who has read this blog! Welcome back. I was going to create an entirely new blog from scratch, but logic dictates I should just pick up where I left off. It's been about five years since I finished this thing last time, so allow me to explain my unexpected return:

I got bored.

Well, there's more to it than that, but the details of my return are so convoluted and random that I wouldn't expect you to sit through it. So instead I'll just say welcome back and continue where I left off! I certainly had a wealth of ambition going into this blog years ago, hoping to post every day. I hope to do the same today, though we're going to try a bit of a different, somewhat erratic to start off, schedule. I've really been getting into rating music on rateyourmusic.com (follow my profile in the link!) and thus I've been interested in using this blog to flex my writing skills again and review the albums I've rated.

I'm also re-branding this blog to fit with an online pseudonym I've used for a good 10 years now, so welcome to Wumbo's Music Musings! In addition to (hopefully) daily album reviews, you'll also be getting the odd Top and Bottom 10 list of Billboard's year-end charts of any given year. I'm also planning all-time Top and Bottom 10 lists of Billboard's Hot 100, as well as a list of my all-time favourite artists. And hell, it's my blog. So you may also get the odd post that goes a bit off the rails as I muse on music (hence that shiny new title). I hope you're excited, because I am! To start things anew, I am going to debut my Bottom 10 Hits of 2009, hopefully sometime today. Thank you for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment