Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Top Tensday - Billboard Hot 100 Review: May 23, 2020

Looks like The Billboard Hot 100 is daring to get more interesting. Unfortunately, this means we have to deal with the rainbow-haired troll, but hopefully he'll be out of the Top 10 sooner rather than later. Contrary to my belief, that Ariana Grande song is not a cover of Huey Lewis and let me tell you, I couldn't be more disappointed.

Beyond that, not a terribly large amount of movement as older songs start to fade out. "Circles" is still in the Top 10, which is baffling to me, but I guess a downbeat song for downbeat times does make sense when you think about it. And no one's gonna remember "Toosie Slide" in a couple months, so there ya go.

Predictions:

In terms of the two new arrivals, I think "Stuck with U" is here to stay, while "GOOBA" fortunately is not. "ROCKSTAR" appears to have gotten a second wind and I could see it breaking the Top 5. Beyond that, my usual Tiktok predictions are once again climbing after Drake's demo tape bomb fades out. I'll be bold this week and say "Roses" is set for a Top 10 entry next week, especially with the older songs fading.

No comments:

Post a Comment