Friday, September 4, 2020

Punisher by Phoebe Bridgers - ALBUM REVIEW

 Phoebe Bridgers Punisher (2020).png

This isn't typically my style of music, but a friend put in the request so I figured why not? I was pleasantly surprised by how much this album moved me. I think one of its strengths is its surprising bombast; the album comes alive at certain moments that really compliment the weight of the songwriting. Again, as with folklore, such detail packed into these songs' lyrics, with a little more bite in the references and the production.

I'd actually not listened to Phoebe Bridgers before this review, but this album is a solid reminder to always keep up with new and upcoming talent, because you never know what might break through. We live in a world where Top 10 hits on Billboard are designed more than ever by the listener, and with great power comes... well, you know. Point is, branch out and listen to something new, like this. You might just be surprised at how stunning the gems you find are.

9/10

Best Tracks: "Kyoto", "Punisher", "Halloween", "Savior Complex", "ICU", "I Know the End"

No comments:

Post a Comment