Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Manic by Halsey - ALBUM REVIEW

Halsey - Manic.png

Halsey is an artist who throws herself into all her projects, for good and for bad. While I haven't enjoyed everything she's put out in her career span, I can respect the sort of gung-ho, raw attitude that she displays in her music, and I definitely get why it resonates. Manic, to me, feels like the best realization of her goals as an artist to date.

Halsey has always been able to hop genres, but this album boasts an impressive mixing of different musical styles that feel apropos to the topics she sings about. It goes from the melancholy to the fiery, and also boasts an eclectic array of guest stars to boot! I truly did not expect to hear Alanis Morissette on this album, but it was certainly welcome all the same. Halsey has her strongest songwriting and melodies to date on this album, songs that should have totally been hits, but for some reason weren't. Oddly her most pop friendly song, "Graveyard", got snubbed, which baffles me. Well, I'm here to give the album the credit it deserves. Manic is Halsey's best work to date and actually leaves me excited for more. Killer album!

9/10

Best Tracks: "Ashley", "Graveyard", "You should be sad", "3am", "killing boys", "Still Learning"

No comments:

Post a Comment