Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Top Tensday - Billboard Hot 100 Review: April 25, 2020

Well, that was a pleasant surprise.

I seriously thought Drake's stupid "Toosie Slide" song was going to have a lock on the #1 spot for some time, and yet hoped against hope that "Blinding Lights" would usurp it. Looks like my hopes came true over my fears. Would be nice if that translated to the real-world situation we're in right now, but I'll take small victories where I can get them.

Beyond that, not much activity in this Top 10 beyond "Say So" and "Life is Good" switching places, as one surges while the other fades out. No new entries to the Top 10 as "Intentions" and "everything i wanted" hold steady, but that may change in the coming weeks.

Predictions:

There's a few songs gaining traction thanks to Tiktok that I think could swell enough to reach the Top 20, if not the Top 10. Particularly "Roses" and "death bed". I've also been assuming "Blueberry Faygo" would hit the Top 10 sooner rather than later, and momentum doesn't appear to be slowing down there. Beyond the obvious fallouts, I think "The Box" hit its peak a while back and should be out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment