Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Top Tensday - Billboard Hot 100 Review: June 27, 2020

When I made my predictions for this week, I left one particular song out. I'm not really sure why; by all accounts it was at least gearing for a Top 5 hit. But maybe I did this just on a beacon of hope; that we would all forget about this song, and this man, before it's too late. But no. Here we are. "TROLLZ" is number one. Happy 2020, everybody.

I don't even wanna talk about this song for longer than I have to, so let's not! The good news is that Lil Baby finally released a good song, and it debuted rather high as well, at #3. This sends pretty much everything else in the Top 10 down one or two spots, except for "Rain on Me" which actually gained a spot, and "Toosie Slide" which is falling out faster than you think.

Predictions:

That new Jason Derulo song is blowing up on streaming. I guess all we needed to save 2020 was a Jason Derulo return. Could we see a Top 10 run with this song? I think it's far more safe to predict that for "Watermelon Sugar", which is still surging despite the Top 10 debuts. The tiktok songs keep making me look foolish, so I'm ignoring them for now. As for our debuts proper... I can't see either of them lasting long in the Top 10, for better or for worse. Let's get DaBaby back to #1, that song has grown on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment