Friday, March 7, 2014

Flashback Friday: "See You Again" - Miley Cyrus (2008)

So, Miley Cyrus: Where is she now?

From what I can tell, she's getting into stupid feuds with Katy Perry and failing to stay relevant in music. Maybe she should just go back to her Hannah Montana days! Today, we're looking back at those early days of Miley to see if she was ever any good. Here's "See You Again"!



This was actually Miley's very first single, off of her Meet Miley Cyrus album. Indeed, we all met Miley Cyrus. She would not go away. You all know my feelings on Cyrus as a whole:

"Seriously, this is the modern-day suicide song."

"Oh, why do the bad ones never go away?"

"Um... holy crap, I think I actually like this."

Er... ignore that last one. The early days of bloggers are a dark, dark time.

So, it's obvious to see that I have a certain distaste fro Ms. Cyrus and her music. But that's new Miley. What was old Miley like?

Well, she still couldn't sing. She never could. That's the thing with "my daddy is famous" stars: they tend to not be any good. Also, her dad is Billy Ray Cyrus.


So she was pretty much doomed from the start, is what I'm saying here.

If I'm to be fair here, old Miley is better than new Miley. The cutesy pop singer persona fits Miley a lot better than the raunchy party girl persona. But she's just not talented. Like, at all. She's an average singer at best, which, like I implied, runs in the family. So, Miley Cyrus was always bad, but she should have stayed in her safe zone, or at least fizzled out after the whole Hannah Montana thing did. But she didn't, and now I think she's starting to become yesterday's news, without going out on a semi-decent note. She came in like a wrecking ball, and I think that wrecking ball might have destroyed her career.

No comments:

Post a Comment