Monday, March 16, 2020

Changes by Justin Bieber - ALBUM REVIEW

Justin Bieber - Changes.png

...What can you even say about an album that itself has nothing to say?

Justin Bieber's Changes is one of the most excruciating listens I've ever had for an album. Not because it's even noteworthy in its badness, but because it is such a slog. Every song sounds the exact same. I remember when "Yummy" came out as the first single and it got me super worried for the rest of this album. Not that I had high expectations for a Justin Bieber album anyway, but surely he could do better than "Yummy."

...

"Yummy" is the best song on the album.

At the very least, "Yummy" has a sort of personality and hook, which is more than I can say for any of these other godawful songs. It is astounding to me that not a single song here rises above mediocre. Justin Bieber can't even be bothered to put in that much effort. Or at least that's how it seems. Because given the guest stars on this album, you'd think Justin Bieber was giving his 110% to get them on here.

I have no idea why anyone signed on to this. No indication is given that any of the guest stars are having any fun. And why should they? Justin Bieber has always been a black hole of charisma, but here it seems like he's just given up. The only thing of any note here is the presence of some of these awkward lyrics. Particularly in "Intentions", where he brags that his girl has a "heart full of equity" and is "an asset". Is she a girl or a checking account? Yet you'd hardly even notice these weird lyrics with the blasé, detached way he presents them. I'm not kidding when I say that every song here sounds exactly the goddamn same. It's a nearly 1-hour drone, with the only hook being "yeah you got that yummy yum that yummy yum". I don't even like it, but at least it sticks in my head!

This is the worst album I've reviewed to date, in case you couldn't tell. It's ugly, pointless, boring, and should be the nail in the coffin of Justin Bieber's waning career with diminishing returns. Even so, he can do better than this.


3/10


Best Tracks: "Yummy", which as I said is barely mediocre, and certainly not worth a Summer Walker remix. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment