Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Days" - Beach Youth

You know, in the month of February, there's nothing better than taking a long stroll on a sun-soaked beach with your significant other... in your imagination, of course. Where am I heading with this? The next group today has "Beach" in their name! It's as good a segue as any, I'd say.


So this is "Days", a song released by a French indie pop band called Beach Youth. They don't appear to be gaining in popularity, i.e. retaining the "indie" part of their name, but they're still worth taking a look at just in case they ever do break into the mainstream.

Now then, what is this song about?

Well, it may as well be in French, because I don't have a clue what these guys are saying over the blasting music. The music's nice, but it is obscuring the singer. Then again, maybe we're not meant to hear the lyrics. Maybe it's just meant to be a mood piece.

...it would still be nice to hear the lyrics since they bothered to put them in, though.

Hmm, I guess this is good music, but it's not music for me. I prefer my music to be a little more... understandable, shall we say? This mumbling and music blasting doesn't do much for me. It's nice-sounding, but I can't attach much meaning or significance to it. And that's where the song falls flat for me. You like it, good on ya. Check out some of their other stuff, they could use the views. They could definitely use some views...

Hot 100 Success:

Will they have it?

They're way too far off the mainstream field to ever dream of scoring it big on Billboard. This one's a resounding "no".

Should they have it?

I don't think the pop music scope would be worse with these guys on board, but I'm not clamoring for their success either. Final verdict: "Eh".

No comments:

Post a Comment