Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Drip Drop" - Empire Cast

Okay, this is not the type of stuff I should be covering. But what can I say? I am merely a pawn that plays a small role in the ever-moving trending chart, and this is what I'm offered this week. So... let's watch some TV.



Okay, so there's this new show on FOX called Empire. Premiered about a month ago. The show follows an entertainment company called Empire Enterprises. The CEO is dying and there's drama and honestly I don't think any of that has relevance to this stupid song.



Look, you don't need a backstory in the show or even watch an episode to analyze this song. It's not really worth analysis. I doubt I'm gonna find something new to say about "drip, drop, drip drippity drop" because I saw episodes 1 through 5 of this show. In fact, I'm not even sure I have anything to say about it now.

This song almost offends me with how vapid it is. Like, I've heard a lot of stupid songs, but this is different. This is a song trying to be stupid, and it's too wrapped up in its own world to be considered parody, so I have to take it at face value. And oh man, does it make my skin crawl. I don't think I've ever described a song as "rancid" before, but this would be a good time for it. Just a pile of rancid crabmeat on the cutting board without any use for any consumer.

Ugh, everything about this song. It's... it's painful. It's uncomfortable to listen to. And not even in a fun way, like Nicki Minaj's fire-spitting. It's just a thoroughly unpleasant experience. I don't even want to go into analysis; I just want the torture to end.

Hot 100 Success:

Will they have it?

Unfortunately, this got so big that it trended on Twitter for god knows what reason, so I can see the cast having a little success. Never mind that every single thing I've covered this year on Wednesday deserves it more.

Should they have it?

Whoooooaaaa nooooooo. And that's it. I'm done with this drippity droppity nonsense. Gag me.

No comments:

Post a Comment