Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Quick Fast" - Audio Push

Hey! Are you sick of rappers bragging about money, bitches, and how generally awesome they are? Well... sorry, today is not for you.


This is Audio Push, a rap duo based in California. The two cashed in earlier in 2009 back when jerking was a popular dance craze...


...also, back when the New Boyz were a thing. Strange year. But anyways, they released a song called "Teach Me How to Jerk". It never really took off on the charts, but... okay, hold on a second. When did that "Dougie" song come out? 2010? Okay, so that's ripping off this. Phew, don't need any more strikes against Audio Push.

Okay, they're not all bad. At the very least, they sound competent, which is more than I can say for a distressing amount of popular rap last year. But... I just feel like I've heard this type of song over and over and over. "Quick Fast" is a bragging song. He can do so many things. He can steal your girl, he can make money, he can throw wild parties. And he can do it all with the snap of a finger... or, "quick fast". Redundancy is redundant?

Given how low the bar has been set for popular rap music, I can't get too mad at this song, but I certainly don't like it that much. Beat and melody are okay, but at the end of the day, I've still heard this song a billion times before. That's right, a billion. I have a lot of time on my hands, you see.

Hot 100 Success:

Will they have it?

Honestly, rap music hasn't been doing too well lately on the charts. The big stars are still there - Nicki, Pitbull, Big Sean. But it seems like the public grew tired of rap music because of last year. I don't know if we're ready for new acts to become popular yet in the genre.

Should they have it?

I couldn't really care less whether these guys make it big or not. The best thing I can say about them is that they're harmless. We've heard this song many times before, and we'll hear it again. C'est la vie. And I just classed up this review about ten times more than I should have. Oh well, it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment