Friday, August 14, 2015

Facemelt Friday: "Brother" - NEEDTOBREATHE ft. Gavin DeGraw

So, let me see if I've got this right. We go from a band that doesn't capitalize any of its letters last week to a band that capitalizes ALL ITS LETTERS this week. Is this an inside joke I somehow don't know about? Well, regardless, I guess it's time for a little battle between the uppercase and the lowercase!



I'm gonna be honest here. I don't think it's even a contest. This song blows twenty one pilots' offering out of the water.

It took a while, but I'm glad that on Friday I can finally discuss a rock tune that has actual raw emotion put behind it. This just sounds like a couple of guys pouring their hearts out, and I love when music can come from a real place.

Now. NEEDTOBREATHE are a Christian group...



Oh, come on! Come on! Don't start filing out all at once!

Ahem. Chirstian music is not inherently bad. If you want to sing about God and spirituality and your beliefs, I think that's great! What matters is the emotion you put into your performance. and as far as I can tell, NEEDTOBREATHE's music is a force for good.



They sound like they really put all their soul into their performance and their beliefs. It's awesome to hear the heart in these performances. And "Brother"'s got a great message! Two people working together, protecting each other. It's a really good message to hear.

I'm glad these guys are around to give Christian music a bit less of a bad rap. If you don't like listening to their music because your beliefs conflict with theirs, I guess that's fine. But don't try and link 'em in with bores like Amy Grant, because these guys have soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment