Friday, August 7, 2015

Facemelt Friday: "Tear in My Heart" - twenty one pilots

twenty one pilots. What can you say about a band that doesn't even bother to capitalize its name properly?


Well, as far as I can tell, they're your typical fun indie rock band. nothing too out of the ordinary, and unfortunately, nothing too interesting. Take this song as an example. It's pretty paint-by-numbers music, with no real deviations except for the singer's voice. It's a nice song to listen to, but I can't really foresee it sticking with me like great classic rock used to do.

And that's the problem. Where's the staying power of all these songs? Where's the clout of the performers, the memorability? Rock music isn't about going through the motions, it's about making a name for yourself and making sure people remember you, just like all music. I hope I find something as memorable as "Uma Thurman" next time, is all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment