Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Things Change" - Omen ft. J. Cole

The problem with rap music today is that Vine shit is getting popular and making it to the top, while actual rap songs are stuck on my Wednesday segment. It's a cruel world we live in, guys.


But if it's in my Wednesday segment, it means I get to talk about it all the same, and oh god am I happy to talk about actual rap music this time around. This song is really good.

It's not the most exciting rap song I've ever heard (in fact, it's a little on the dull side), but it's just so nice to hear actual thought and effort being put into the lyrics. You hear these Vine raps these days and you wonder where effort like this has gone. Well, it hasn't gone anywhere. You just aren't buying it.

And that is truly a shame, because we need to be promoting more songs like this and less Fetty Wap, T-Wayne and especially Silento.


Ughhhh.

I suppose this entry is just a reminder that there is good rap still out there. You just have to search a little harder for it than you used to. As the song says, things change. Sometimes not for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment