Friday, March 27, 2015

Flashback Friday: "(You're My) Soul and Inspiration" - The Righteous Brothers (1966)

Hey guys! Do you like soul music? Well, how about if that soul music was performed by white people? Bear with me.


These are The Righteous Brothers, Bobby Hatfield and Bill Medley. They hit their heyday in the mid-60's, with hits such as "Unchained Melody" and this one, "(You're My) Soul and Inspiration". How does this song in particular hold up?

Well, if we're just comparing the two, I much prefer "Unchained Melody". I think when the higher range of vocals is performed, it does more for the song than the lower range. Gives the guys a little more soul and feeling. "Soul and Inspiration" just kind of stays too one-note for me, not really going as far with the vocals as their other hits. It does pick up at the chorus, but it's not enough for me to call this one of my favourites from the duo. Sorry, fellas. This song is not my soul or inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment