Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "New York Raining" - Charles Hamilton ft. Rita Ora

(Sorry for the short entry, feeling kinda under the weather and had a busy day. No excuses, except... excuses.)

Let's see. Iggy Azalea failed to make Rita Ora a thing. Can Charles Hamilton make Rita Ora a thing?


Well, this song might do it. I think it's pretty good. It's got a nice beat, good flow from Charles Hamilton. The style of it kind of reminds me of the J. Cole song "Crooked Smile", a song I really liked from 2013. But is Charles Hamilton enough to stand out from the crowd?

Despite his obvious talent, I don't really think so. I guess the way I can put it is that he's not really obnoxious enough, which is... a really sad commentary on popular rap music, but there ya have it.

Hot 100 Success:

Will he have it?

Like I said, not really much of a personality. I don't think he'll be seeing the charts anytime soon.

Should he have it?

Well, he does have talent, but presence is what he's lacking. With a little more presence he could win my vote, but for now I don't really think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment