Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "My Jam" - Bobby Brackins ft. Zendaya and Jeremih

Did you like this song?


Or this song?


Then you have Mr. Bobby Brackins to thank for that! He write these two songs, some of the biggest hits of 2014. And now he's out there with a new single of his own, featuring a Disney Channel star and someone who has less talent than your typical Disney channel star. Let's see how that pans out for him.


Now, Bobby Brackins has released his own music before. It all pretty much sounds the same, so it's not really worth looking at. This one as well sounds like it could have been tweaked a little and you would end up with "2 On", or "Don't Tell 'Em". But overall, I guess it's harmless enough. The guy's voice isn't exactly pleasant, but the problem is honestly more prevalent on his other songs, so this one's almost a breath of fresh air. It's stupid, but I can't say I can build up much hatred for it. As far as the artist goes, he's had his good and bad songwriting. I don't really care for any of his own music at all, but I guess I can see the appeal if you actually like Jeremih. It's all very "whatever" for me.

Hot 100 Success:

Will he have it?

I don't see why not. This sounds like every other dirgey R&B song that came out in the past year. He'll fit right in.

Should he have it?

I don't really want to hear more of this on the radio, but I guess it's not the worst thing ever. "No", but a soft "no".

No comments:

Post a Comment