Friday, April 3, 2015

Flashback Friday: "Lost in Your Eyes" - Debbie Gibson (1989)

I feel like I keep on reiterating this, but teen stars have always existed. And for good reason! Teenagers need someone closer to their age that they can look up to and emulate. So I guess what I'm saying in that regard is, the less Justin Biebers we get, the better. But you know, if you want your kids to grow up bland and boring, you can have them emulate Debbie Gibson.


Now to be fair, Debbie Gibson is talented. She's quite the artist. It's just that she's also quite the boring artist. I'm sorry, but I just can't invest myself in this performance. It's so... dull.

You know, at least with Celine Dion, she's boring, but in a strangely histrionic sort of way. She hits you right in the face with her boring music. This, on the other hand... just falls completely flat for me. It's boring in the worst way: the way in which I have absolutely nothing to say about it.

Well, not absolutely nothing. This video's pretty hilarious, what with the dreamboat dude in black-and-white, but his eyes are colorized because she's lost in his eyes specifically... yeah, that's pretty funny. Got a chuckle out of that. Now, back to the song!

I get lost in your eyes
And I feel my spirits rise

zzzzzzz

Look, sometimes the Billboard charts just don't work in my favour. I really don't have anything to say bout this. It's not a very good song. It's not even a very passionate song. It just sits there, like a rock on the sidewalk that one would normally kick aside. This is the type of song I would kick aside. sorry, Debbie Gibson. "Lost in your Eyes" just loses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment