Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Unstoppable" - Lianne La Havas

You know, there's a certain wonder to be had when old styles of music and new styles of music can blend together so wonderfully. I'm talking about the song I'm reviewing this Wednesday, "Unstoppable" by Lianne La Havas.



Lianne La Havas is a soul singer who infused electronica-influenced music into her performance. I love the mix here; she uses her classically sounding voice and infuses it with a new sound. It's like sampling, only in reverse.

As for the subject matter of the song, it's a song about being blissfully in love. Like, it really goes all the way with the lyrics. They talk about flying into space, and nothing being able to hold them down, not even gravity. and the music certainly helps to complement that mood, with the production sounding almost otherworldly, but also dreamlike, which is exactly the kind of picture that the lyrics detail.

I've listened to a few other Lianne La Havas songs and there's definitely some talent here. I do hope that if she doesn't do well on Billboard (which, admittedly, I don't think she will), she at least gets some significant recognition for her music, because she deserves it. This is probably my favourite song I've heard from her, and I hope it will be the one to take her to the top. Buuut probably not, unfortunately. The harsh realities of life come creeping in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment