Friday, April 11, 2014

Flashback Friday: "Celebrate" - Three Dog Night (1970)

Well, I didn't say it was all going to change, did I? Flashback Friday is still Flashback Friday! So this week, let's take another look back at 1970. This week, we're looking at Three Dog Night.



This is "Celebrate". It's not their biggest hit, not by a long shot (there's something about a Year-End #1 Song?), but I feel like celebrating after getting through the first week of blog reconstruction. And since Kool & The Gang won't return my calls, let's go with this song!

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music

This is a pretty good song. It appears to be about a guy coaxing another guy to go out dancing instead of sitting at home alone. For some reason, this really speaks to me.

It doesn't age terribly well, but it does have this antique feel to it instead. 

Ready or not, gonna make it to the city

This is the night to go to the celebrity ball

Do they even do "balls" anymore? I'm pretty sure one day they all just got replaced with clubs playing dubstep.

If I want to celebrate, I wouldn't turn down this song. Three Dog Night sounds as though they're having fun with it, and while a tad repetitive, the lyrics do appeal to  fun, lively nature. So, celebrate! Everybody celebrate. Good times! Come on!

...Yahoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment