Tuesday, November 25, 2014

CanTunes Tuesday: "Million Ways" - Shawn Hook

Shawn Hook exists!



Apart from that, I couldn't tell you much about the guy. He's about as generic as they come, like a poor man's Robin Thicke. This song is so uneventful, I don't know how it even got on the Canadian Hot 100. Surely we can do better!

It's not a terrible song, but it doesn't really offer anything new or interesting.

I'm gonna find a million ways to love you
I need time for every part of you
I'm gonna find a million ways to love you
I ain't giving up, giving up, giving up tonight

Uh... good for you, Shawn Hook. Why did you need to write a song about this?

Also, for a song called "Million Ways", there aren't really any ways that Shawn Hook says he's actually gonna love this person. Like, there isn't a single one. A bit hyperbolic there, Shawn? I mean, Paul Simon didn't have fifty ways to leave your lover in "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover", but he at least had some! (Even if some of them got as vague as making a new plan... Stan, but that's beside the point.)

Is one of the "million ways" to love her singing in an annoying falsetto? Because at least that would be canon to the song.

Ahh, screw it, there's nothing else to say here. Just a boring song by a vapid artist. I await the next song on the chopping block, if for no other reason than maybe, just maybe, it'll be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment