Sunday, November 30, 2014

"I Don't Fuck With You" - Big Sean ft. E-40

Big Sean? Really?!



Okay... this is Big Sean featuring E-40 with "I Don't Fuck With You".



You know, I really don't need to say anything. This song says it all! It clearly doesn't give a fuck about what I think, so why should I give a fuck?

Well, I guess I would lose what few readers I have if I stopped giving a fuck... so here we go, let's take a look.

The song starts out by sampling DJ Rogers' 1975 song "Say You Love Me", cranking up the pitch to an annoyingly high tone. Geez, are you trying to call dogs with that? The original song is very nice, though. I'm just sorry it has to be associated with this piece of shit. Speaking of which, after the sample, we dive right into Big Sean's lyrics.

I don't fuck with you
You little stupid ass bitch, I ain't fuckin' with you

What is there to say about this?

You little, you little dumb ass bitch I ain't fuckin' with you

Needless to say, the hook is completely worthless. If Big Sean's your thing, maybe you'll get something out of it, but Big Sean was never my thing. I guess what people see in his bad songs is a parody of rap music today, but all I see is someone trying to be funny and failing repeatedly. More so Jason Derulo than Jon LaJoie. And nothing shows that more than this hook. He's trying so hard to be purposefully bad that it works. Congratulations, Big Sean. You suck.

...Say, there's another rapper on this, isn't there?

Got a million things on my mind
Executive deals online, limited amount of time
Chasin' these dollar signs and you ain't on your grind

Whoa, the track picked up.

That's E-40 rapping there,  a rapper from The Click who's had moderate success throughout his career. This featured credit is his biggest hit thus far, and his flow just blows Big Sean out of the water. It's like the track took a heavy dose of pep pills after taking a dose of sleeping pills. Not recommended, by the way.

So I can't hate this song. Hell, I don't think I would really hate it that much even if it was just Big Sean. The song's just too stupid for me to outright hate. It's not worth my time or energy, and it's not worth yours either. E-40's verse is good, but the rest? Unless you're a Big Sean fan, just give it a pass and let it be on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment