Tuesday, December 23, 2014

CanTunes Tuesday (Flashback): "Love Can Move Mountains" - Celine Dion (1993)

Uh, I've talked about Celine Dion here before, right?



Ah yes, "Because You Loved Me". Oh man... I was pretty rough with Celine Dion. All things considered, her heart's in the right place. I just wish her disposition was a little more bearable. I mean, she can sing. She just doesn't sing about things that are relevant to me, or even specific. Hell, if she did a party song, I'd probably be on board!



Eh... I guess this is close enough.

I'm not sure how well Celine's voice meshes with the gospel choir, but at least this song has a pulse to it. And Celine, God bless her soul, is trying, if half-heartedly. Maybe love could move molehills, at least.

It's just kind of interesting to hear an artist that is famous for slow, meandering love songs to pump it up a little. I mean, it's still authentically Dion, and I wouldn't ask her to completely abandon her style. But this does have a more energy than many of her other songs, and I can't fault it for that. 

I guess Celine Dion's okay overall. Not an artist I'd listen to on a regular basis, but I don't think her presence in pop history is exactly harmful to the public, either. Maybe I'm just feeling charitable because it's Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment