Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Winter Wonderland Wednesday: "The Twelve Days of Christmas"

Well, technically, I did say I would do this every Wednesday of December... so I figured I'd finish things off with the only appropriate Christmas song to play after Christmas: The Twelve Days of Christmas.



Yeah, did you know that the twelve days of Christmas occur after Christmas? So technically, we're still in the midst of them, which makes this song relevant!... and... horrible.

I hate this song. I mean, really hate this song. Every incarnation I've ever heard is so monotonous, so pointless, and so annoying that I can't stand it. What's the point of this song?

Well, maybe to be fair, I should take a look at the history of the song, given that it's a traditional carol, and therefore must have some religious significance. 

...nope! It's just a stupid song about gifts. Okay, this song has no reason to exist. It has no point! Why do I care about gifts that other people get? And the melody just never changes... it's a chore to get through. This is one Christmas carol that I can definitely do without.

And with that, have a happy new year! I'll be back in January with my Top 10 of 2014, as well as a whole whack of new songs for 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment