Tuesday, December 9, 2014

CanTunes Tuesday: "Something Big" - Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes? Really?



Didn't we have enough of this guy this year? I mean, "Life of the Party" is a song that gets worse every time I hear it. Something I don't need to hear is another mumbly-mouthed, boring, lagging Shawn Mendes song! No sir!



So the video starts with him brushing his teeth. Hey, it's already more exciting than "Life of the Party". And then... it actually starts out rather interesting. And Shawn's voice surprisingly fits the tone. Holy crap, he should be making music like this!

I mean, the lyrics still aren't that great. Pretty vague and trite. But this is still way better than his first hit! It bounces, at least. And really, what more can I legitimately ask a pop song to do? I'm not exactly picky when it comes to mindless entertainment, and if Shawn wants to make these types of songs, then I say more power to him!

I wish I had more to say about it, though. This video's pretty lame. That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment