Tuesday, May 12, 2015

CanTunes Tuesday: "Sound of Your Heart" - Shawn Hook

It looks as is we're back to wondering why there are so many Canadian pop artists with the name "Shawn". Because here's Shawn Hook again, with another hit.


Now this is kind of a Sam Smith/Adam Levine-sounding song vocally, so not really too much of interest in that department. It's also a breakup song, chiefly about how he misses the sound of his loved one's heart beating. Sure. Not really anything of interest there either.

Overall, this song is just okay for me. I mean... there is really not much to say about this one. It's not particularly good or bad. It just kind of hangs there in the realm of pop music. I guess he puts enough emotion into his voice to make his plight sound believable. but again, this whole song offers nothing I haven't heard before countless times. There's just nothing new. And personally, I'm missing the sound of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment