Sunday, May 10, 2015

"Nasty Freestyle" - T-Wayne

Okay, so... I've gone on many tirades about rap music these days and how it pales in comparison to what hip hop used to be. But... are people even trying? Like, seriously?


Ugggghhh. This is "Nasty Freestyle" by T-Wayne.

I gotta be honest, I don't know what irks me about rap music lately, but I feel like I have to turn my brain off to enjoy it these days. Like, all the time. There's nothing provocative, nothing interesting, nothing thought-provoking, it's all just the same paint-by-numbers boring crap that we've somehow grown to accept!

Of course, I'm only judging based on what I'm hearing from the pop charts' offerings of rap. On the rap charts I'm sure there are more songs to enjoy... Rae Sremmurd? Rich Homie Quan? Okay, I'm signing off of that deal.

So that brings us back to "Nasty Freestyle", the latest in a cavalcade of rap songs this year. This one's actually kind of notable because of how short it is. It's less than three minutes long. Could it be a throwback to when pop songs were typically under three minutes? Yeah, probably not. He probably just didn't have enough material to constitute a longer song.

Okay, so what's this song about? He hops out his muh'fuckin Porsche, and... wow, this guy's flow is lame. He's just mumbling his way throughout the song. I can barely tell where one line ends and another starts. And that can definitely work, but either be clever with it or go balls-out. This falls into neither category, instead feeling tired and unfinished. The song's length doesn't help this, but then again I wouldn't want it to be longer either.

Okay, so he's a player... he has money... god, this is boring. This is one of the most boring songs I've heard in a while. It has no excitement in its music, and the lyrics range from generic to just being weird.

Toilet seat ass nigga man I swear you getting peed on

Uh... yeah, what he said.

Well, i'm about done with this song. First let me conclude this muh'fuckin' review with hoping that we get better rap music as the year gores on.

No comments:

Post a Comment