Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Runaway (U & I)" - Galantis

Hey, remember the last time we had an EDM track do well on the charts? Because I... barely do. What's it been, like, two years or so?


So enter Galantis, a Swedish band that formed a few years ago and is gaining some momentum with their single "Runaway (U & I)". Is it enough to crack the Hot 100? Well... given that EDM has tanked in popularity in favour of... honestly, I don't know what genre could be classified as "popular" right now, I'd say this song doesn't have that strong of a chance.

It's basically your by-the-numbers EDM track. Doesn't do anything interesting to deviate from the norm, except for this thing in the video where someone's wearing a... cat mask... um, okay. But yeah, cat mask isn't really enough to make this song interesting. It's not a very good song. I can see it being played at clubs, and that's about it. I can't really see this taking off on the pop charts. Sorry, Galantis. Just doesn't do anything for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment