Tuesday, June 23, 2015

CanTunes Tuesday: "Can't Feel My Face" - The Weeknd

Oh god... The Weeknd?! Again? All right, let's get this over with. I bet it's going to be another gross-sounding, whiny, underthought song that makes me once again wonder why we keep this guy around...



Wow. This... actually sounds good. Hell, it sounds great!

Finally, a Weeknd song that I can actually say I like. Actually, I love this song! Finally, the production has been given some energy and The Weeknd's voice actually works well with it! Why doesn't he do more stuff like this?

Well, you know what? I don't really have an answer to that question. Because music like this is definitely on his repertoire, as evidenced by his first album. But I guess the slower, more clumsy music he's well known for today has made him more popular.

So, a challenge: help to make this song as popular as something like "Earned It" or "The Hills". Help The Weeknd realize that he can release music like this and retain his fanbase. Help good music to come thorough to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment