Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Hot Boy" - Bankroll Fresh

Honestly, the way I see it, there are only two categories of rap music that matter right now, and that's Vine rap and non-Vine rap. Here's some non-Vine rap, as far as my knowledge goes.



It's okay.

Honestly, my rap music tolerance has dropped so low over the past while that I can't get too mad at generic bragging tunes. And as far as they go, this one's actually not too bad. Guy's got some decent flow and it's catchy enough. It's also got enough bass for the crowd that enjoys doing this:


Look, if you like doing this, don't invite me into your car, that's all I'm sayin'.

So on the whole, I guess I would actually welcome this guy into the pop world, because it's certainly better than the rap song I reviewed this week that actually did get popular enough for a Sunday review. (Honestly, that one might be one of the worst songs I've ever heard.) It's nothing too special, but it's got enough going for it that I'll give it a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment