Tuesday, June 16, 2015

CanTunes Tuesday: "Stitches" - Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes keeps having hits and he isn't going away and I'm going to be reviewing him for a looong time, aren't I?



Okay, to be fair, not every song by this guy is completely awful. I think I remember having more than a few positive things to say about "Something Big". But... honestly, this guys just doesn't excite me. He's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but he's also far from being the best. So I don't exactly have high expectations when it comes to this "Stitches" song. So let's get this over with.

...eh, that was okay.

Probably a little bit below "Something Big" for me, but at least it's not so boring that you totally forget how it sounds. It's got some emotion pushed into it, always a good thing. It's a decent song.

I had a bad first impression of Shawn Mendes, but now I think he's okay in my books. Nothing spectacular, but hey. It's better than what I originally thought of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment