Friday, June 26, 2015

Flashback Friday: "All My Life" - K-Ci & JoJo (1998)

You gotta love that 90's R&B. Probably some of the most lovey-dovey stuff you would ever hear on the radio, but the difference between that and intolerable lovey-dovey stuff is that this is done with class. Enter K-Ci & JoJo.


These guys hit it really big with the third single off of their debut full album, "All My Life". It's pretty much what you'd expect from 90's R&B: smooth, satisfying, and sweet.

You've got both K-Ci and JoJo pouring their hearts out to their loved ones, and all you can really do is sit back and bask in the love they have. There's one little thing that I find interesting though:

And I hope that you feel the same way too 

Wait...

Yes, I pray that you do love me too 

Is this relationship mutually felt?

They do talk about how the girl picks him up when he's down and smiles or whatever, but it always does come back to those lines in the chorus. Interesting.

Oh, well. It's still a classic R&B jam with a sweet message and a great sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment