Tuesday, July 21, 2015

CanTunes Tuesday (Flashback): "Find Your Love" - Drake (2010)

All right, so it's been a while since I've had to do this, but it looks like the Canadian charts are stagnant again as far as homegrown acts go, so let's take it back a couple years to 2010, when Drake was still finding his place in the business.



In 2009, Drake released his debut EP and instantly turned into one of the big stars of hip hop, with smash hit collaboration "Forever" and his first album on the way. That album would turn Drake from star into superstar.



And here's "Find Your Love", the song that essentially cemented Drake into pop music history forever. How is it? Well... I gotta be honest, I love this song.

It's always great to hear Drake embrace his R&B side. Actually, up until recently, I thought that's where he shined the brightest. But now he's released his latest mixtape and my perceptions of him have been turned on their heads and... well, let's get back to this song.

Not only is Drake's voice probably the most on point it's ever been, the production on this is also stellar. It really does tug at the heartstrings, and the production helps to pump up the song a little. It really is an interesting mood to take, and I don't think I've ever heard a song like this. Hey hey hey!

Now that it's stopped playing constantly on the radio, I can look back on this song with fond memories. Definitely one of the standout gems of 2010. It's a shame Drake wasted so much time failing at showing emotion when we can clearly see that he can. Oh well. At least there were glimpses of talent throughout his career, and now that I have a whole new perspective on Drake, I can look forward to his future projects. Now that's some kind of love. Or appreciation, rather.

No comments:

Post a Comment