Friday, July 17, 2015

Facemelt Friday: "Uma Thurman" - Fall Out Boy

Okay, welcome to Facemelt Friday everybody! Yes, it's another stupid alliterative title, just learn to deal with it. So in this column, I'll be discussing what's making it big on the rock charts. Today we've got Fall Out Boy's "Uma Thurman".



This one's kind of interesting. It's essentially a song dedicated to Uma Thurman nd her characters, notably in Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. Whatever the concept, I gotta say, it definitely packs more of a punch than "Centuries" ever did.

Fall Out Boy sounds like they're having fun with their music again, and I love that. To take a concept song so out of left field and make it work so well is definitely a tough feat, but it helps when you enjoy what you're doing. And as far as I can tell, the band, especially Patrick Stump, is enjoying every minute of this song. Just listen to this guy's vocal performance. He is giving it his all to make this song as over-the-top as he can.

And I gotta say, this video's pretty funny too. Again, a return to form for the goofy band, and I definitely hope to hear and see more stuff like this from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment