Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Them Changes" - Thundercat

There's a certain rapper this year who I know is out there making music and releasing singles, but is strangely and sadly absent from the Hot 100.



Yeah, Kendrick just released his album To Pimp a Butterfly this year and yet I've been missing him from the charts. Which is a damn shame, because what I've heard from this album is amaaaazing. Like, some of the best of 2015. And art of what is making this album so great is producer Thundercat.


This is his song "Them Changes", and god damn, the beat on it is just masterful. It's dark, it's brooding, it's cool, it's calm. This I think is what DJ Mustard tries to do, but fails badly. This is how you do it.

I would normally be excited for a Kendrick album all on its own, but Thundercat's inclusion definitely makes the prize even sweeter. I hope that he gets his breakthrough single soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment