Tuesday, July 14, 2015

CanTunes Tuesday: "Jackpot" - Jocelyn Alice

Jocelyn & Lisa are a Canadian indie soul pop duo from Calgary. Jocelyn Alice, the main singer, released a single this year called "Jackpot". It's... okay.


Honestly, I listened to a little bit of Jocelyn & Lisa's stuff, and I gotta say, I prefer that vastly over this. This song still has some stuff going for it. Jocelyn Alice is a great vocalist, and she works with the song enough to make it slightly interesting. But there just isn't enough for me here to keep me coming back. I think a lot of the problem in the beat.

This beat is just too limp for me to invest anything in this song. I sort of see something coming through here, but it's not enough to make for a fulfilling song. Jocelyn's voice carries the song, and unfortunately her voice isn't that good. It's good, just not good enough to carry a song on her own.

It's not a terrible song, it just doesn't do much for me. Jocelyn Alice is a good artist, but this just didn't interest me. No jackpot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment