Friday, July 3, 2015

Flashback Friday: "The Tracks of My Tears" - Johnny Rivers (1967)

Okay, so I'm hearing this great song by The Miracles called "The Tracks of My Tears"...


Great song about heartache and putting on a fake smile to cover up your true emotions. But then I learn that this version actually became more popular:


And while it's not bad, it's just... wow, that first version was so good! No need for a second-rate cover.

Nothing really too much against the cover, but it almost sounds like it's going back a decade in terms of music. And not really in the good sort of way like a throwback, more like in the bad sort of way, like dated.

All I'm saying is if you're going to make a cover, you should add something to the original to justify its existence. I think that this cover takes away from what made the original good. I don't hate it, but there's no reason to listen to this over the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment