Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Watch-for-it Wednesday: "Cut Her Off" - K Camp ft. 2 Chainz

You know how I mentioned that rap's gotten stupid as of late? Well, in addition to that stupidity, there's also a controversy that plagues rap music every now and again: misogyny. So let's consult our apparent new expert in the subject, K Camp.



It ain't nothing to cut that bitch off

Yep! Just cut that bitch off! Or, hoe! Cunt, if you prefer. Anyway, bros before hoes, right? Hahaha... shoot me. So, I guess this guy's going to be big in the rap industry now. Shoot me twice.

I don't know, maybe if he sounded angry, like Eminem does when he's insulting women. Then maybe you could at least relate to his raw emotion. But no, this guy sounds so blasé, like he's going to the store. This makes the song a lot more troubling to me. Haha, good thing you didn't invest any emotion in this woman! It makes it a lot easier to bury the body.

Okay, no, this song doesn't go that far. But his attitude, or lack thereof, does get pretty irritating:

So what you saying, hoe?
You know I'm the man, hoe?

Are you using the word "I" in a general context, or are you actually referring to yourself as "the man"? Normally I wouldn't have to ask, but your presence is so pathetic I had to.

Yeah, that's another problem with this song: Even if I was a misogynistic prick who could fully understand the song's message of "cutting that bitch off", this song makes these pricks sound whiny. So I'm not even sure this song is for them. So, who is it for?

2 CHAIIIIINZ

Oh, that's it! It's for 2 Chainz to make another worthless guest verse.

You know that ain't a real bad bitch, that's a KNOCK OFF

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

When I get that work I get jerkin' like hot sauce

Okay, ew. Just... ew. I won't be eating anything with hot sauce for a while.

As expected, 2 Chainz' verse is absolutely worthless, and I'm starting to think that people just have him on their songs because they feel sorry for him. Guys, just let him die and be buried in the Gucci store.

Not that this song isn't worthless as a whole, but 2 Chainz' verse is especially so. It's like he only heard the title of the song and just wrote a verse around that. Believe it or not, this song shows a lot more than meets the eye:

Baby, I'm ashamed, why you acting this way?

It's not just about cutting bitches off. It's also about feeling shame in your significant othe... WAIT A MINUTE!

If it "ain't nothing" to cut this bitch off, why is any emotion attached to this at all? Oh, no. You don't get to do this. You played misogynistic douchebag in the chorus; you don't get to play around with the idea that you have enough pride to be ashamed of somebody.

Never mind what this hoe's saying, I'll say what's on my mind: You suck, K Camp.

Hot 100 Success:

Will he have it?

Unfortunately, this is exactly the type of tripe that does get popular, and he sealed the deal by having 2 Chainz on the track. This will be a hit; we'll see about the rest of him.

Should he have it?

No talent, no charisma, nothing. No, he should not have success. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment