Tuesday, August 12, 2014

CanTunes Tuesday: "Wonder" - Adventure Club ft. The Kite String Tangle

It's time for adventure! It's time for wonder! It's time for... an okay dance song.



Whoo. Yay.

Okay, so this is Adventure Club featuring The Kite String Tangle. Excuse me while I look up who's doing the singing and who's doing the beats.

Looks like it's Adventure Club on beats and The Kite String Tangle on vocals. Okay... now, what's the song like?

Like I said, it's just okay. It's not offensive to the ear, but also, for a dance song, it doesn't really make you wanna get up and dance. I mean, if this was being played at a club, I think the dancing would stop and be replaced with... I don't know, swaying? What do people do at clubs? I need to get out more often.

Actually, I don't picture this being played at clubs at all. It's just too slow. But it's not completely without merit. There is this dreamlike, bouncy quality to its music. However, that doesn't really show up in the lyrics, despite the title.

And I know I should have held you closer
And I know I should have treated you better

It's a song about regret, which kind of destroys the magic the music gives off. I just don't think the two are a good fit. Maybe if the song had been about a lighter topic, you know, soaring through the clouds or whatever... or maybe if the music matched the tone and the beats were a little harsher... but we can "what if" this song all day and not get anywhere. In the end, it's just an average song with not much thought put into it. Or maybe there was a lot of thought put into it. I don't know. I'm not in their heads. Sure wish I was sometimes, it would make assuming a whole lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment